Thursday, June 3, 2010

A glimpse into, "A Day in the Life," for us to live by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.


On Tuesday, June 1, 2010 we had just enough gas to go to a meeting at the Lord’s Land and drive into Fort Bragg, CA., a total of 30 miles. We have three bank accounts, one for ministry, one for business and a personal account. The grand total in our three bank accounts came to $4.97. In addition to our bank accounts, we have a support page on our website, markoya.com, that has a Paypal button for donations. Our Paypal balance was $16.01.

On Wednesday, my wife, Valerie and I prayed over our current list of needs. We were very low on everything. First, we needed a bridesmaid dress for our daughter, Suzanne for $135 that had to be ordered within a couple of days so it would arrive in time for our son, Joseph’s wedding. Then we needed $30 to fill a prescription medication which I take daily (only 2 pills left), $100 for food, $60 for our storage unit in Oregon which had to go out in a few days, $100 for gas for our thirsty Suburban (we are getting 10 miles per gallon… I’m pretty sure she has a drinking problem), $200 for work on the Suburban (need a tune-up and oil change), $35 for our PO BOX in Salem, Oregon (due immediately), $300 for a necessary software upgrade so I can finish building a website for a dentist that I have traded with, and $170 for our three phones the total of which came to $1130.

Our daughter, Suzanne called our son Justin to ask if she could borrow $135 for her dress. He agreed so we were able to order the dress that will take 5 weeks to arrive just 5 days before the wedding.

I had committed to go to a meeting at the Foursquare Church in Fort Bragg, which would take at least $10 for gas to get into town and back to where we were staying. As I was praying, it came to my mind that I might have squirreled away some money in a brief case. Praise the Lord I found a $20 bill. I went into town packing an additional $4 in coins. I made the rounds to 4 grocery stores getting, a few tomatoes here a loaf of bread there, etc., and put $13 of gas in the tank.

The meeting at the Foursquare Church had a dozen people including myself. I sang a few songs and mostly preached. At the end of the meeting, someone asked me if I had any CDs with me. Praise the Lord, I sold 3 CDs bringing $40 into the treasury.

On the way out of town, I went back to 2 grocery stores to get the rest of the items on my list and to the gas station to put an additional $5 of gas into the tank. This left me with $3 cash in my pocket, a little less than $5 in the bank and a heart full of joy due to the Lord’s provision.

I returned with half a dozen bags of groceries causing great joy for 7-year-old Shannon… and the rest of us.

That night when I checked my email and I was blessed to see an unexpected donation of $200 had come into our Paypal account causing a thankfulness to rise up in Valerie and my heart. God is good. He is our provider we lack nothing in Him.

As I was writing this Valerie informed me that the night before she opened the scripture to:

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

These two scriptures had come to my mind.

What came to my mind was to trust the Lord and to be content with what we have.

Hebrews 13:5 (Amplified Bible)
Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]


Matthew 6:25-27
 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.

As for the $725 yet needed, I am confident of this… God will provide. My task today is to divvy up the $200 ($194 after the Paypal transaction fee) that came in. Let’s see 10% of $40 plus $194 is $23.4…

UPDATE TO THE ABOVE STORY

Thursday June 17, 2010 the above story ends with our needing $725 and trusting that the Lord would provide.

We received a $300 unexpected gift two days later. Grace Community Church in Fort Bragg, CA had a going away reception for us and put up a money tree for people to donate to us... $ 390 came in. We went to a home group meeting where Daniel sang, and $44 came in from CD sales, A brother in Colorado called out of the blue wanting 5 CDs to send to Pastors in his area resulting in another $50 and $144 came in for a website that I host. The total: $1215.25 enough to take care of our needs and for us to have enough for gas money to head north.








1 comment:

Daniel & Valerie Markoya said...

UPDATE TO THE ABOVE STORY

Thursday June 17, 2010 the above story ends with our needing $725 and trusting that the Lord would provide.

We received a $300 unexpected gift two days later. Grace Community Church in Fort Bragg, CA had a going away reception for us and put up a money tree for people to donate to us... $ 390 came in. We went to a home group meeting where Daniel sang, and $44 came in from CD sales, A brother in Colorado called out of the blue wanting 5 CDs to send to Pastors in his area resulting in another $50 and $144 came in for a website that I host. The total: $1215.25 enough to take care of our needs and for us to have enough for gas money to head north.